Oviedo Climate & Temperature
- Oviedo, Spain is at 43°21'N, 5°52'W, 339 m (1112 ft). See map.
- Oviedo has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Oviedo is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 12.7 degrees Celsius (54.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 10.7 °C (19.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 971.4 mm (38.2 inches) which is equivalent to 971.4 Litres/m² (23.83 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Oviedo you would come out nearest to the climate station at Gore Bay, New Zealand (Cool temperate steppe biome).
Oviedo Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Oviedo Climate Graph in Metric Units
Oviedo Climograph in English Units
Climate of Oviedo, Spain Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Gijon, Spain - 29.2 kms (18.1 miles) NE
- Santander, Cantabria, Spain - 168.2 kms (104.5 miles) E
- Biarritz, France - 350.8 kms (218 miles) E
- San Sebastian/ Igueldo, Spain - 310.1 kms (192.7 miles) E
- Logrono/ Agoncillo, Spain - 305.4 kms (189.8 miles) ESE
- Burgos/ Villafria, Spain - 214.5 kms (133.3 miles) ESE
- Valladolid, Spain - 210 kms (130.5 miles) SSE
- Salamanca/ Matacan, Spain - 268 kms (166.5 miles) S
- Madrid, Spain - 373.9 kms (232.3 miles) SSE
- Madrid (B), Spain - 374.2 kms (232.6 miles) SSE